The best way to avoid the transmission of germs and diseases is by proper hand hygiene. Here are the reasons why your kids need to do frequent hand wash and how to teach hand washing to them.
Is hand washing essential?
It's scientifically proven that hand washing is the most effective way to avoid children from becoming ill and germs spreading.
How you should wash your hands properly?
Hand wash and water to wash hands:
- Turn the water on.
- Wet hands.
- Take some kid safe hand wash in one palm.
- Scrub vigorously, for at least 20 seconds, all hand surfaces and between the fingertips.
- Rinse your hands under running water.
- Dry towel and or tissue to dry it.
- Turn off the water tap with a clean towel or cloth.
When you should wash your hands?
Daily hand hygiene needs to be part of your everyday routine. The kids must be asked to wash hands from kid safe hand wash in particular after:
- Use of the toilet
- Before touching food
- Whenever hands are soiled
- After sneezing or blowing into a tissue
- After animal contact
How can your clean hands help to improve health?
The first line in the defense against multiple diseases – from cold and worse diseases, such as meningitis, bronchiolitis, flu, hepatitis A and several kinds of diarrhea – is good washing of hands.
How are germs spreading?
Germs can spread in a lot of ways:
- touching dirty hands
- changing dirty diapers
- through contaminated water and food
- through droplets in the air released during a cough or sneeze
- on contaminated surfaces
- through contact with a sick person's body fluids
Children may get sick only if they touch their eyes, nose or mouth when they come into contact with germs.
Thus, don't underestimate the importance of hand washing. You could save your time in the sink, washing hands rather than on visits to the doctor's office.